Orthodontics for Children
The Australian Society of Orthodontists recommends that every child receive an initial orthodontic examination by the age of 8-10 years.
Why Screen at 8-10 years of Age?
• Specialist early assessment may reduce the need for complex Orthodontic treatment when your child is older.
• Early examination can detect and evaluate problems so that an appropriate treatment plan can be formulated.
The Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
• Early Orthodontic treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing or make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated.
• Early treatment may achieve results that are not possible once the face and jaws have stopped growing.
• The teenage years are generally the common age for Orthodontic treatment.
• There are many treatment options available including ‘Invisible Style’ choices such as Invisalign, SureAlign and Lingual Braces or SureSmile to achieve outstanding results in a significantly shorter time.